The Stars came into Thursdays tilt with the Hawks seeking revenge, and they got it. The Stars had some jump in their step for the first period, scoring 4 goals. The Blackhawks looked sluggish and a step slow to every puck through the first half of the game, and it proved costly. They have dropped 2 games in a row after coming out of the all star break red hot.
Quick game notes:
- Patrick Eaves recorded a hat trick in the first period, bringing his season total to 7.
- Corey Crawford was pulled after the first period, he allowed 4 goals on 18 shots.
- With the win, the Stars pull to within one point of the Blackhawks in the central, with three games in hand.
- Johnny Oduya and Patrick Sharp returned to Chicago for the first time since departing from Chicago in the offseason.
- The Blackhawks will host the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday at 7:30 CT (5:30 PT)
- The Stars will host the league leading Washington Capitals on Saturday at 7:00 CT (8:00 ET)